Monday, April 6, 2015

Review: "Big Boys Sleep in Their Own Bed" by Ayala Saar #childrensbooks

Photo creds - Amazon Kindle store
My four year old has coslept since he was a baby.  He was always a terrible sleeper, ever since the day I gave birth.  I thought having him sleep next to me would help him sleep through the night, but it took almost until he turned two years old to fall asleep and stay asleep.  Now he's four (and a half) and he knows he has his own room, but falls asleep and stays asleep in "momma's bed."  Even on the rare occasion he falls asleep in his own bed, he's climbing back in "momma's bed" by 2am.

I jumped on the chance to read and review "Big Boys Sleep in Their Own Bed" eBook by Ayala Saar because I thought what better motivation to move out of my room than a book explaining how to be a big boy?

Let me first say, I hate children's books that try to be too creative with big words, big descriptions and just too much plot.  A children's book should be catchy, bright and easy to read.  Also, I'm a big fan of rhymes (Dr. Seuss is my favorite).

Ayala Saar did an EXCELLENT job with keeping this simple to read and understand AND making the whole book rhyme.  My son is normally very hyper and doesn't like to sit for very long, but he has asked to read this story a few times and has even memorized parts of it.

Granted my son and the boy in the story (Tommy) want to sleep with mommy and daddy for different reasons, my son could relate to the feelings Tommy had of being scared and not wanting to be alone. Since buying him a new bed and new bedding didn't get him out of my room, maybe I can copy the idea that Ms. Saar gave me and buy him a Funny Pally?!

***Reference pm02a3c7fb3f489288ae6942498498db20***

No comments:

Post a Comment