Monday, January 26, 2015

I'm a hoarder

So I'm convinced I'm a hoarder.  It's not dangerous (yet) because it's not really affecting anyone except me, but I am running out of storage space.  You see, I'm a makeup hoarder.  I have Urban Decay shadow palettes, Coastal Scents shadow palettes, every Bath & Body Works lotion and spray that is out right now, and probably over 100 lippies.  That list doesn't include all of my makeup brushes, BB creams, face masks, hair products... well you get the point!

My Bath & Body Works collection (partial)
The problem is, I don't use any of these.  I have them, I look at them, and I continue to use my same old stuff for fear of ruining the perfectly new palette/product, or eventually running out.  Actually, I'm not really sure why I don't use any of them.  I want to, I plan to, and then when it comes time to do my makeup, I chicken out and reach for the tried and true, same old same old.

This is an issue, right?  I mean, I should use the stuff I have...I should love it, play with it, create new looks, yes?  Here are some examples of pallets I haven't had the heart to dig into yet:

Urban Decay "Smoked" pallet with primer, Subversion & Perversion mascaras, with a love note from my bestie

Urban Decay "Ammo" pallet - BEAUTIFUL!!

Not only do I have these gorgeous pallets, but I am subscribed to TEN monthly subscriptions (my referral links are listed to the right), so I get MORE makeup to fall in love with... and never use!  And then my lippies!!!  I carry about 10-15 different ones in my purse:
Just a few lippies that I carry with me...

I think it's time for an intervention!  It's time for me to finally start using my new stuff.  Maybe I'll throw away the ones I depend on, so I'm forced to use these beauties!  I ended up giving my daughter a bunch of stuff so I would stop using it... I think it's time to do it again!

What do you think?????



13 comments:

  1. LOL your like me I do not want to use them in
    case they never make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to rethink the package I was going to send you next. I know you have a mascara stash somewhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send it! I need more! For real, I do use all my mascara. I love mascara <3

      Delete
  3. I am the same way! But what I finally did before it started to overrun me was when I purchased something new (or got new stuff in a subscription box), I had to throw away or donate to a friend one like item. That way, I only had so many and I make room for the new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. start using up your stuff!!! and in the future when you buy one of anything - you have to get rid of one of something else

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'll definitely do that!!!

      Delete
    2. This is a great idea! Also on Instagram there is a hashtag that challenges you to use up your beauty products. It's something like 100 days of empties or something like that!

      Delete
    3. I'm going to have to look that up!!! Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. hey the way I think, a woman has to have her options!! As long as the items are not our idols, its all good. :) like that we can focus on what we want to decide, to use on those different days..lol ( on make up make sure they are not to old to keep using and like that you can throw them out.) if you use a item more make sure to use it all the way before starting another and keep it up like that then you see things being used and then you buy more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my problem is I wake up too late, and rush to get ready - hair goes up in a bun/ponytail and i don't have time to search through all of my fabulous makeup! i should probably wake up and stay up ... and take my time getting ready!!

      Delete
  6. You remind me of myself.... Lol!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - I finally did start using my UD pallets this week. I'm not used to how pigmented they are! UGH. Practice makes perfect I guess!

    ReplyDelete